ok so I had just finished blocking my Oregon coast cardigan and it looked great the lace had all blocked out the weaving by the collar didn't look to bad and BAM!
So know I'm faced with a dilemma I can't just frog the sleeves since they start at the cuff, id be frogging backwards which as anyone will tell you is a nightmare and DOES NOT WORK, especially not for 8 inches worth of yarn.
I can't fix it by the arm side either as the entire sleeve is all ready joined to the body of the sweater, which leaves only one option....
The most frightening tool in the knitters tool kit. Yes I cut the sleeves off and slapped the live stitches on dpns because I'm working from the bottom it turns them into a Frankenstein like provisional cast on. I don't recommend doing this unless you've got nothing to lose or are incredibly full of drunken bravery, or both.
So now I just have to retrace the pattern steps for the sleeve backwards and hopefully I'll end up with a sweater whose arms don't look like it was knit for a gibbon!
(go google gibbon arms, you'll see what I mean)